The core research activities at SUBATECH revolve around nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry, in their fundamental and applied aspects, as well as their experimental and theoretical incarnations.
- Radioactivity and trace elements metrology and analysis service(SMART)
- The quark gluon plasma, a state of matter that prevaled during the first microseconds after the big bang, is studied through high energy heavy ion collisions at LHCwith the ALICE detector,
- Ultra high energy cosmic rays are revealed using radio detection,
- Nuclear waste management and nuclear reactor monitoring techniques are developped,
- Radio-isotopes production for medical applications, Material non destructive analyses, Sensors developpement for robotics,
- Liquid Xenon technology is used for medical imaging as well as for dark matter quest